Some of you might have noticed I am slightly obsessed with TED talks and Educational Psychology, so I especially love it when those things combine. Recently there was a TED Education conference, so here are my 10 favourite talks from that and all the previous TED talks I’ve ever watched. Two hours of viewing I think are invaluable for all people involved in the education system in any way!
1. This dude is a complete legend! Makes some awesome points about the education system not changing based on research…
2, 3 & 4. All Ken Robinson’s TED talks are amazing. This should be compulsory viewing for everybody!
5. Seth Godin makes a compelling argument for moving our education system away from an industrial model through 8 principles/policies. This definitely a hidden gem as for some reason this isn’t on the TED website.
6. Bill Gates arguing teachers need feedback (I argue students do too as grades aren’t really enough).
7. Great talk about evidence that grit and hard work are the key to sucess
8. Gangland daughter to star teacher
9. Hackschooling – if only this was the actual education system instead of the “alternative” one.
10. Every kid needs a champion! (This lady is awesome!)
Bonus video: What we’re learning from online learning (plus free university courses)!
PS. Playlist inception: Click here to see TED playlists made by some of these speakers.